COUNTDOWN TO TRUNK OR TREAT
Sunday, October 30, 4 - 6 pm
WHY WE DO IT
Trunk or Treat is the biggest event we host each year, welcoming 2,000+ people onto our campus - many of whom do not know Jesus as Savior and Lord.
We invest a lot of time and effort into producing this event because it’s a great opportunity to gather socially as a church and provide safe and welcoming on-ramps to our friends, co-workers and family who may be curious about re-connecting with church or investigating Christianity for the first time.
We believe that being hospitable to our neighbors with a no-strings-attached social gathering builds bridges into Windy Hills, our home neighborhoods and greater Louisville...especially as we continue to practice hospitality in smaller ways by having friends and neighbors over to our homes to get to know them...and eventually have Gospel related conversations.
As Christians, we are called to be salt and light in the world, and one way we do this is through our hospitality.
HOW YOU FIT IN
We have created many pathways to serve at Trunk or Treat, regardless of whether you’re young or old, introvert or extrovert. The idea is to work a little, then play a little (or vice versa).
Here’s a list of the easiest ways to serve:
- Host a trunk: decorate your car and maybe include a game. Invite some friends to help.
- Take a stack of invitations and canvass your neighborhood, inviting families to come.
- Invite a co-worker or friend to join you. This event is a low-risk way to witness.
- Host a fire pit night in your own backyard during the weeks leading up to Trunk or Treat. Invite friends and neighbors, and be sure to invite then to Trunk or Treat.
- Please pray for Trunk or Treat this month. Ask God to use this event to to begin the process of saving grace with a person - or a whole family - who doesn’t know God.
Volunteer for one of these teams:
- Logistics (parking, security, first-aid)
- Games (work one of our game booths)
- Face Painting
- S’mores/Fire Pit attendant/helper
- Provide a cake for the Cake Walk
- Floater (help out where needed)
Join us on Sunday, October 23 for a Prayer Walk to help us prepare for Trunk or Treat. It’ll be a great way to petition God to help us and prepare those we seek to serve.